Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wanted: Vision Implants

In my devotional time this morning I was unsettled by the lyrics in David's song recorded in Psalm 20. Especially Psalm 20:4

"May he [God] grant your heart's desire; may he bring all your plans to pass!"

I don't know about you - but I don't trust my heart's desire or the plans I concoct. Before I can sing these words I need implants! First, I need God to implant His desires in my heart. Second, I need God to implant his vision (plans) into my mind.

Maybe I'm the only one with this struggle - I'm naturally self-centered. If the desires and plans of my natural heart are allowed to be brought to pass I fear that I'll find myself heading down the broad road to destruction instead of the narrow road that leads to life.

Pastor Roger is right - we need to be focused on Christ. And as we move forward as a church and as leaders in the cause for Christ it's my prayer that God will implant His desires in our hearts and His plans in our minds.

Pastor Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment